Market Report | January 2023
“The REGO market is beginning to show a bit more liquidity as the end of the compliance period approaches.”
Mike Ridler, Head of Green Markets at C-Zero
“The RGGO market continues to show healthy gains into the New Year.”
RGGO Market Remains Buoyant
- Prices continue to rise with a strong demand for Crop Certificates.
- Given the high waste prices, there has been some switching to Crop from buyers looking for lower-cost certificates.
- 100% waste certificate pricing remains particularly strong, with most going to European buyers.
- ISCC and DENA certification commands an even greater premium.
- The tumbling wholesale gas prices have not dampened prices, and demand remains high from large corporations with commitments to lower carbon.
- Corporates continue to buy certificates independently from their energy supply.
- Relatively weak Sterling continues to make UK certificates attractive to European buyers.
“RTFCs are trading at smaller discounts than last month.”
Director at C-Zero
We’re delighted to be exhibiting at The World Biogas Expo 2023 (29- 30 March 2023). You will be able to visit us at stand A509.
The World Biogas Expo will be back in 2023. It’s the world’s leading trade expo solely dedicated to the anaerobic digestion and biogas industry, providing the latest market and technology news, sector by sector, and a platform for industry professionals from the UK and overseas to network, share experiences and do business.
Come and join us on 29-30 March 2023, Hall 8, NEC Birmingham. We look forward to seeing you! #MakingBiogasHappen #WorldBiogasExpo2023